Existing Member?

Lost in a big world

Pandas

CHINA | Friday, 10 October 2008 | Views [1498]

Ok, I didn't take that video, but it was too cute....

Anyway, after taking a day off for Yom Kippur I went to a nice resturant last night to break my fast and then had a busy day today. Sadly, yesterday and today were overcast, and thats when you breathe the polution.

First I went to the Panda Breeding Center here in Chengdu.

(Here is one of my video's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5Tu9k9nXFY

)

The panda's were awesome. I saw 2 panda's getting it on and then a bunch of panda's hanging out, eating bamboo, and relaxing, ofter covered in bamboo. This was an amazing place.

After returning to the hostel I walked to this lovely Zen Buddist monastery, which had lovely grounds and a great veggy resturant inside. I had this huge soup with Lotus root and fried tofu. I just wish I was eating with a few other people so I could try more dishes.

I then walked downtown, past the sports stadium (Go Cubes!), to a really cool central square (with fountains) overlooking Mao's statue and the science museum. This was my kind of downtown since it is surrounded by businesses (mostly finanacial), 2 huge book stores, a mosque, and 2 blocks away an amazing park.

People's Park is the finest park I have seen yet in china. In addition to lots of music and dancing, a lake, and lots of trees there are also tea houses to sit and relax in for hours. While sitting there I had my ear wax removed and got a massage. I sat and read for a few hours and then caught a taxi back to the hostel just in time to find out that the world financial systems appears to have collapsed... :(

Tags: panda chengdu

 
 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.