Existing Member?

My Adventures

Oaxaca

MEXICO | Saturday, 6 December 2014 | Views [389] | Comments [1]

so I took some Spanish conversation classes this week which were helpful.  the teacher I had was great, we had a lot of nice conversations about our lives and pasts and she turned out to be really helpful with some spiritual issues.  Sort of a teacher/spiritual guide.  The weather here is great and I'm looking forward to getting to the beach where I plan to relax and read some cheap books that I bought in Oaxaca.  The woman who have been couch surfing with is great.  She owns a hair salon and a home attached to it.  I met a Spanish woman who is living in Guatemala and we are going on a tour tomorrow of the surrounding villages.  She had some nice things to say about Guatemala and some not so nice things so I'm not sure if I will end up going there, except maybe to see Tikal.  I've really been enjoying the cathedrals, temples and churches of Mexico.  The architecture and decorations are great!  I've met some more nice people to hang out with so I'm a little less lonely.  Been away over two months now and although it gets hard at times to travel solo for so long, I'm learning a lot about myself and am more comfortable being alone than I ever have been which is nice.  Went to some ruins of Monte Alban and another location called Atzompa which was much smaller but a better view.  You can see Monte Alban from there which was really cool.  You get a sens of how all the sites on top of the surrounding hills are part of the same system and afford protection and views of the valley below.

Comments

1

Hi James. A belated Happy Christmas. I'm just catching up on your posts. It really sounds like an amazing experience. I get that travelling can be a bit of a lonely existence at times, but, as you know yourself, you get so much out of it and it's always worth it. Keep on with the posts and pics - I'm enjoying keeping up-to-date.

  Vicki Dec 30, 2014 5:28 AM

About jrdenola


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.