Existing Member?

New Zealanding

DAY 99. See Ya Later South Island

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 2 February 2017 | Views [285]

We sleepily rolled out of our tent, packed it up and walked down the hill to the hostel. Everyone was still sound asleep and so we retrieved our stuff in the campers room and our food from the kitchen. I left a note for everyone and we were on our way to Picton. It was just getting light as we came in, we got breakfast at a bakery and got in line at the ferry terminal. This time we took the Bluebridge service instead of the Interislander. We found a spot in the nice seating area and Cassela and I curled up with a sleeping bag and tried to sleep. It was difficult to get comfortable but we got a little bit of rest. We all woke up and hung out for a little bit before we came into the Wellington port.

It was raining cats and dogs, surprise, it's Wellington. We had a hell of a time trying to find parking and finally went to a parking garage. Poor Helga got a little scraped up in the tight garage. Nothing a little spray paint can't fix. I heard of a really good sushi place called Sushi Bi so we walked for about 15 minutes in the pouring rain there. We went into a nearby mall and sat down to eat. It was super super good and worth getting soaking wet for.

Back out in the rain, we walked for 20 minutes to Ninjaflower, a renowned piercing and tattoo shop that we'd been waiting to go to. Cassela and Michealla wanted to get their septum pierced and I wanted my eyebrow pierced. They said Cassela and I couldn't get them done because our anatomy wasn't just right for those particular piercings. I asked about a lip piercing instead but they said I couldn't drink for two weeks with it soooo that was a no-go. Michealla decided to go through with hers even though we weren't going to get one too.

We went to a nearby shop we had been to before and bought a few things. They were hungry again so we went to a small Asian restaurant. We called an Uber instead of walking back to the parking garage in the rain. We drove out of Wellington and went north. I drove for a few hours until we came to Palmerston North. We got food and headed to a holiday park.

 

About joyaroundtheworld


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.