Existing Member?

New Zealanding

DAY 79. Pancakes & Pong

NEW ZEALAND | Friday, 13 January 2017 | Views [250]

I made pancakes for breakfast and then we made sure the coastal highway was open before we headed towards Christchurch. We drove along the water and saw all the slips that construction crews were working on. It was cool to see in person all the areas I'd seen on the news and the destruction that happened because of the earthquake. We drove inland a little bit and continued going south towards Christchurch. We finally arrived and found wifi so Michealla could do a little bit of work on her phone.

I saw on the web that there was an outdoor movie event at the arts center so we headed towards it. On the way, we saw a lot of cool street art and sculptures around the town. The arts center was a big beautiful, European style building and I was in love with it. We walked into the outdoor quad area and it was packed with families and kids. We sprawled our sleeping bags out and sat down with kettle corn that we bought there and watched Finding Nemo. I think we enjoyed it more than all the little kids. It was pretty fun watching all the families and such. I loved the pretty building and just sitting and relaxing.

Afterwards, we picked up whisky and beer to pay for our nights stay. Michealla made friends with someone who lives in Christchurch so we planned to stay at his place for the night. We met him, he's from Chile and his three roommates are Czech. We cracked a few beers and hung out. One of them went and bought cups and we used the pink ping pong balls we've had for awhile and played beer bong. After awhile, we played the finger game and then more of their friends showed up. They were from France, Sydney, and other places. The party got a little more lively with about 20 people there. We all played a game with a big water jug and a rugby ball then moved onto beer pong again. Some people left and then Michealla went to our room and went to sleep and I followed shortly after.

 

About joyaroundtheworld


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.