Existing Member?

New Zealanding

DAY 39. Back to the South

NEW ZEALAND | Sunday, 4 December 2016 | Views [134]

We woke up early, packed our things, and went to the bus stop. Once there, the bus that we were hoping to take to the ferry terminal was cancelled so we tried to figure out an alternative. We ended up taking one to the Petone Station, hoping that the train there was running and that it could take us to our destination. Of course there wasn't one running at 8 on a Sunday morning. I got fed up so I just called an Uber. At the terminal, we checked our bags and got on the boat. On the ride back to Picton, I attempted to get some zzz's in the uncomfortable seats while Ryan chilled.

We offloaded the boat and walked to a nearby car rental place. We booked a car for the next six days, it ended up being the same kind of car we had before but a little bit newer and nicer. It had a touch screen with a back up camera but everything was in the Chinese language so we couldn't navigate it whatsoever. The car lacked an auxiliary plug in so we used Ryan's speaker for music instead. We stopped for groceries at Fresh Choice and then drove west to Nelson. I slept most of the drive. Once there Ryan checked out the DOC office for information about the area. A short while later, we checked into a big holiday park. We washed our rain jackets with gore-tex wash and figured out logistics for the next couple of days then went to bed.

 

About joyaroundtheworld


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.