Existing Member?

New Zealanding

DAY 28. One More Wake Up

NEW ZEALAND | Wednesday, 23 November 2016 | Views [133]

I woke up well rested and enjoyed coffee with Alison and David. Alison left shortly after for Auckland and I began to organize and pack everything up that had been scattered about in my car. It was a long process but somehow I made it all work. It was lunch time so David and I went into town to a cute little cafe for coffee and a snack. We talked about New Zealand and life while sitting in the warm sun. Back at the house, I finished my laundry and David left for work. I left shortly after and headed to Auckland.

Two hours later, I made it and started a search for a cheap accommodation near the airport so I could get up early, return my rental car, and meet Ryan at the airport seamlessly. But hotels near the airport were far too expensive and holiday parks in the preferred area were nonexistent. I settled on booking a hostel in downtown Auckland, about 40 minutes away from the airport. I finally found parking on the street after accidentally driving up to an intersection on the wrong side of the road. OOPS! I guess old habits die hard..

The Haka hostel was clean and tidy, much unlike the hostel I stayed at in Auckland previously. And I scored a bottom bunk! I had dinner, FaceTimed Mirandah, and attempted to go to bed at a decent time.

 

About joyaroundtheworld


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.