Existing Member?

South America 2015

Manuel Antonio Escape

COSTA RICA | Sunday, 28 June 2015 | Views [309]

Monkeys on the beach. The forest is just a few metres from the water's edge.

Monkeys on the beach. The forest is just a few metres from the water's edge.

Manuel Antonio Escape

 
So with the passport ordered we hit the road to get away for the weekend. The morning consisted of some shopping in San Jose, buying a new pack and some clothes to get me through, hopefully until the insurance company comes through and we can replace everything. The drive took about 3 hours in the mid afternoon rain but it was well worth it. Our hostel room was on the edge of a hill overlooking the ocean with its own little kitchen and lounge. We grabbed some snacks and bevvies and watched the sun set over the sea and the stresses began to fade away.
 
We got a decent nights sleep and after a huge local breakfast, hit the national park for a hike. Saw a waterfall then back to the coast to discover some stunningly beautiful beaches. The rainforest going down to the sand and from where we sat could see monkeys, iguanas, racoons and more. So cool to watch them play and run in natural habitat. We swam and sunned ourselves then hiked back to the car.
 
The afternoon was spent chilling with our view. The other people in our apartment had moved on leaving it all to ourselves. Later we wandered into town and had dinner in an old aeroplane restaurant, again overlooking the ocean. Great end to a lovely day and a much needed weekend getaway. We were feeling much better about the state of play in general. Monday morning we headed back to San Jose to return our little hire car and get ready for the next part of the adventure. Just as soon as that pesky passport arrives ;)

 

 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.