Existing Member?

The Big O.E

In Brisbane now

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 29 May 2009 | Views [307]

The trip so far has been relatively uneventful but it almost didn't happen.

Rumours about Invercargill's weather are true. It's shit. Basically, there was a temperature drop (or is it rise?) when I was due to check in and the whole airport got covered in fog. It looked like I was not going to be able to fly out, and consequently, miss my connecting flight with Jetstar to Australia.

Needless to say, I had the last laugh (for all you Alan Partridge fans out there...). Luckily, the fog cleared up but the flight left an hour later, so once I had landed in Christchurch, I had about 25 minutes to check in, go through customs, buy stuff in duty free and board the flight.   

The Gold Coast was reasonably uneventful but was good to catch up with my family. Now I'm in Brisbane catching up with my cousin and having a few beers.

Went for Indian at some awesome Indian restaurant in Runcorn. Can't remember what it was called but the owner was uber-passionate and could talk the hind legs off a donkey. For all you that have never owned a donkey, it takes a special person to be able to talk the hind legs off one.

Quite nice to be in Australia again. The ratio of bogans to normal people certainly exceeds NZ's.

About jono_79

I'm excited about my cake, as you can see.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.