Existing Member?

The Wizard of Oz and Other Tales

Wine Touring in Swan Valley and getting on shape :)

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 31 July 2012 | Views [552] | Comments [1]

Hi! Last week we spent in Perth doing the usual - working and visiting some new restaurants. Work wise it is going better since I am enjoying more and more of my job. Reason for this is that I have been able to work more in the actual shop, helping in a Cashier and assisting customers, doing product display and doing other shop duties. I have also got used to being called "Sweetie", "Darling" and "Sweetheart" at least 20 times a day. I have noticed that it is very "expensive" to work in a health shop since I have got very inspired to try all the different products and food that we are selling in the Go Vita - shop.

Last week we tried a couple of new restaurants. Eating out is really fun here for some reason, and very often we feel tempted to dine and try some new restaurant. BYO "Bring your own wine" is pretty popular here in Australia and many restaurants have this licence. Last Friday we had dinner in Vietnamese restaurant and we brought our own wine with us. There are loads of Asian restaurants in Perth, so very often we find ourselves either eating Sushi or Vietnamese/Chinese. We have tried Mexican here couple of times but both times we were disappointed for the quality. Italian restaurant we have not even tried since we arrived to Australia - probably for the single reason that all of those restaurants we have passed have been very expensive. Asian food in general is the cheapest option and some random burger/all round places. But no worries, we have cooked enough pasta at home and enough to bring to work next day.

Last Saturday we booked a Swan Valley wine tour and we attended a whole day wine tour with a good old tourist bus. The pick up was already before 10 am and we arrived to the first winery already 10:15, where we started our wine tastings. We visited five different wineries, brewery and chocolate factory. The tour was all inclusive so all the tastings were included and a lunch in the third winery. In the fourth winery they offered 14 different tastings.. We hooked up mostly with two Irish girls during the tour and after the tour they even came to our house to continue the fun day. Even the tastings were fairly small, but during the day we started really feel all the wine we consumed. The plan "to go out" afterwards did not really work out, so after we had more wine tastings at ours and had dinner out, we all just ended up going home. Some of the wineries we visited you can reach by train and taking a taxi for short way so we want to go back another time and enjoy the whole day in one place without any rush.

Sunday we spent usual Perth day, just walking around and having some lunch, surprisingly Sushi again. Yesterday we joined to the gym here in North bridge - only five minute walk from our house, so that should also keep us busy now. At the gym they also have classes, including yoga, so I am looking forward to getting back to do some yoga soon.

Comments

1

Nice stories Sweetie :)

  Merkku Aug 2, 2012 6:24 PM

About jomppa_and_miki


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.