Existing Member?

John (& Sarah's) journeys.

Testing! (preparing to chase rabid raccoons!).

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 18 August 2011 | Views [257]

Well here is a quick tester to see if I can still remember how to add stories to these World Nomad on-line Journals.

It is now nearly three years since the Appalachian Trail Trip and I am now preparing for the next one! This trip is going to be quite different though..... not only will I have companion this time, but that companion will be my wife (well she will be by the time we fly anyway). Hopefully we will still be doing lots of hiking though and whilst we intend to camp where we can in the national parks etc we will be staying in hotels for the first week at least(well it is our honeymoon!).

We seem to making good progress with the preparations for trip though of course Sarah is much more organised than me! We have most of the clothing & equipment now and the flights and insurance are booked. We had our final rabies jab last weekend and at £150 each for the 3 jabs I intend to fully get my money's worth! No running away from potentially rabid animals like last time when I was in the USA (I was chased by a rabid raccoon... no really I was!) - this time I will be chasing them and possibly biting them as well!

Anyway, that's enough for a quick tester... let's post it and see if it works!

About john_hockley


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.