Existing Member?

John & Leianne's World Adventures

Chile

CHILE | Sunday, 4 February 2007 | Views [734] | Comments [4]

We left Tacna (not our favorite place) with a private driver who took us over the Chile border. We were there for about 45 min. Everyone has to stand in line and put their luggage through screening just like at the airport. When we got through I asked the driver if there was any time change and he said no it was the same. That meant that we had a lot of time to kill at the Arica airport. So we had a pop and sat around, then about 12 noon we decided to order some fries and a beer. We just got a sip of beer and a guy comes running up to us and looks at our tickets. The plane was waiting for us. Not only 1 hour time change but 2! That was a near miss.

Tags: Airports

Comments

1

Wow! Isn't it adventures like that the reason for travelling?!!? Ha ha, actually it's only funny because you ended up making it. Keep up the good work!
By the way, we hope you don't mind.....we are temporarily living on Howe road because our place is torn apart while we renovate! You wouldn't believe what a difference laminate floors and new carpeting make...oh and new paint! Leianne, you would sure be proud! We've really realized how much can get done when the pressure is on!!

Anyways we are so glad to hear you're OK and having fun, even if you are having a few heart palpitations due to the occasional lack of understanding between you and those crazy spaniards!

Talk to you soon!!
Love Jay and Christine xo

  Steener and Jay Feb 5, 2007 4:11 PM

2

Wow, What an experience for you both. Sounds like alot of craziness to me. But glad to know you are having alot of fun??!! And to add to the first comment I just have to say wow!! Went over to look at their new floors today. They are so awesome. They make the house look so rich!!
Well hope you both are well and having fun. We are having loads of fun packing!!! Don't hesitate to think of how much fun we are having.lol

  Michele,Ken and Alex Feb 5, 2007 4:34 PM

3

We have the Times World Atlas out so w can follow your progress. Wish we had a great big map and could put coloured pins in it so show where you've been and where you are going, but this will have to do for now.

Take tons of pictures!!! Can post some please?

Love you both, Marika & Bruce

  Marika & Bruce Feb 7, 2007 9:03 AM

4

John I don't care how much fun you say you're having, that picture with you and all those wine barrels.. you miss us .... admit it!!!!

Kevin & Teresa

  Kevin & Teresa Feb 9, 2007 11:52 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.