Existing Member?

The backpack is on again

Aninuan Falls

PHILIPPINES | Sunday, 15 March 2009 | Views [3279]

Aninuan Falls

Aninuan Falls

Today we thought we'd hike to the local waterfalls. Apparently they are very beautiful and relaxing. Since we have been here about 50 people have offered to guide us to the falls and maybe we should have paid someone to take us (to give back to the community and all that), but we honestly just wanted a quiet walk. We didn't need a guide – you just follow the stream.

It was a hot walk initially on the road and then through a village and then through lovely tropical forest. Along the way we saw wild orchids, chickens, goats, cows, pigs, dogs and lots of people. Everyone asked us “where are you going?” It was pretty obvious where we were going; we were on the path to the falls. I felt like saying “to the mall.” Of course what they really wanted to say was “let me be your guide” .

We got there after just 45 minutes and hung out there for a while. It was very relaxing and pretty popular with locals – especially on a Sunday. We didn't stay too long and it was getting hotter it is our last full day to enjoy our beach resort. My temperature has just about returned to normal now.

About joblogs

Ready to go again

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.