Existing Member?

The little adventures of Jo! Travel with me on my overdue gap year around the world :)

Merry Christmas!

MALAYSIA | Wednesday, 25 December 2013 | Views [730]

It's Christmas night here in KK, Malaysia, and everyone has gone to bed. It is merely 10.30pm and bedtime is usually at midnight - earliest! I can't believe it as much as I can't believe it's actually Christmas. Time really does fly...

I'm celebrating the holiday season at home with family once again. It's been wonderful to be back with family, especially since it's the first in a while, where both my brother and I have been home for Christmas. Christmas has always been a big thing for our family, where we pretty much spend all the days between Christmas eve and to New Years at family gatherings here and there. Yesterday, we had the usual Christmas Eve dinner/pot luck at ours to kick the celebrations off. The family has always been big, but it's incredible how much it is growing. When I was five, it used to be just cousins, aunts and uncles, and grandparents. Now, the family events comprise of the cousins, their other halves, their children, and aunts and uncles some of whom have graduated to grandparenthood. Because I'm not always here, it's always a surprise/delight to see how much the younger children have grown since the last time I saw them or meet the new additions for the first time ever. I guess it also serves as a gentle reminder that I am getting older. =)

Though I've only spent two Christmases in Australia with friends, I'm finding it hard not to miss Australia, especially since there's an abundance of Aussie Christmas updates on Facebook. Similarly, I do wish I was celebrating with other friends I've met travelling in their respective homes too.

The problem you get when you've been to many places, is that you want to be at all of them, at the same time!

Wishing all of you a happy holiday season! =)

Tags: christmas, family, malaysia, reflections

About joannawong


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.