Existing Member?

The little adventures of Jo! Travel with me on my overdue gap year around the world :)

Hometown

MALAYSIA | Saturday, 14 September 2013 | Views [510]

I'm currently back in my hometown, Kota Kinabalu, on the Borneon side of Malaysia. It's been a little over seven months since I left Brisbane to travel the world. I was reflecting on my travels the other day and I realised that I haven't stayed longer than two weeks in any given place I've been. Recently, five days staying put in one place has become a luxury as I try to squeeze the most out of my time, meeting friends. It's good to know that I have two weeks back in KK. Even though I have a to-do list of boring but essential tasks I must complete before I head off into my next adventure in Nepal, I'm taking this time in my hometown as a sort of respite from the craziness of travelling. Even just having a computer to type my words directly into this blog instead of penning my thoughts out in my iPhone Notes app and copy-pasting it onto the website, feels strangely wonderful.

When I look back at the last seven months, two words come to mind - I survived! Before leaving, I was really quite clueless as to what the trip would be like. Sure part of it was planned sometimes almost too well, but I really never expected the adventure, lessons and amazing friends I gained embarking on my journey. I was just going because my heart wanted to see all these amazing places and things. I got so much more.

Tags: family, friends, malaysia, reflections

About joannawong


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.