Existing Member?

The little adventures of Jo! Travel with me on my overdue gap year around the world :)

Leaving Soon :(

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 27 August 2013 | Views [401]

Leaving is always difficult. Leaving the UK has always just been a tad worse than just difficult.

It's my last day here and I think I've woken quite early compared to the last few days. Looking outside the window, I look onto a lush garden and sheep happily grazing in the fields behind. The sun is still very much what I take is eastward, and the sky is a lovely blue. There is a fine fresh mist surrounding the scene. I feel it come inside the room through the open window.
 
I spent August bank holiday weekend at my friends', Sukhy and Allan's. It's been wonderful staying in their new home out in Lickey Hills and it's been lovely being in their company again. Though the weather started out looking quite gloomy, it cleared up into beautiful days and we made the most of it. :)
 
I am really procrastinating leaving even though I'll be seeing my friends in London today and know it'll be fun. I just feel that leaving Sukhy and Allan's will confirm that it is my last day in the UK and  be the beginning to the end of my adventures as a solo traveller treading the world slowly. 

Tags: european adventure, friends, reflections, uk

About joannawong


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.