Existing Member?

The little adventures of Jo! Travel with me on my overdue gap year around the world :)

So San Sebastian...

SPAIN | Tuesday, 28 May 2013 | Views [333]

Not quite what I expected. I expected a cool town dedicated to the surf, sand and sun. I expected sunny and warm weather. I expected beautiful tanned folks that were friendly and smiled. Maybe I got confused with Rio.

While the town is beautiful with charming old buildings and nice beaches, it seems the dreary weather I've seen up the north has followed me down here. Locals are clad in a uniform of warm jacket, skinny jeans and studded ankle boots. Funnily enough, they are fair and strangest of all, not as friendly or courteous as the Parisians I know!
 
Being a town means it's relatively small. With the cold and windy weather, there's no way I can enjoy the beach without being blown away. So with all this in mind, I've decided to push on forward to Madrid and cut my planned time in San Sebastian. Even though the pintxos are good, they are not that good. Time for tapas!

Tags: beaches, cities, european adventure, food

About joannawong


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.