Existing Member?

Candice & Jayden's O.S Adventure

Portugal

PORTUGAL | Sunday, 2 August 2009 | Views [544]

We are busy trying to kill some time at the moment since our bus doesnt leave for Spain for 3 hours and we have already checked out of our hotel. Have really enjoyed Portugal though. Its very off the radar for English tourists, lots of Spanish and obviously Portugeese.

Started off in Lisbon. A day at the beach kicked off the holiday to warm our pasty pommie complexions. Lots of exploring the little pathways and a steep clim to Castle St George at the top of the hill with killer views. Definately a highlight (check out the photos). Then off to Nazare for 2 nights. A seaside beach town,  very busy with people on their summer holidays. Chilled by the beach for a couple of days and swam. Then three nights in Evora to finish the leg of our Portugeese trip. A medieval walled city, churches, castles, old Roman ruins, museums and a chapel made of human bones. very eery!Have loved the food and beer, lots of seafood so Jayden is in heaven. However a little disapointed when we found out Nandos doesnt exist here! They have never heard of it, and it is obviously a western creation.

Night bus tonight to Seville in spain. Then Valencia and Barcelona. We were going to visit Majorca but with the bombings and the bushfires that way it seems unlikely.

Lots of love xoxo

 

 

Travel Answers about Portugal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.