Existing Member?

Candice & Jayden's O.S Adventure

Goodbye London...Hello Europe!

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 25 July 2009 | Views [456] | Comments [2]

Well, I am just about to go out drinking cocktails in Camden. My last night in London. I cant believe that this is finally happening! I have been dreaming about this moment for 6 months! Our last two weeks in London have been very eventful to say the least. The place we were supposed to be staying in fell through and we had no where to stay for two weeks. Luckily all the lovely girls from work saved the day and offered a place to stay for Jayden and I. We stayed at lauren and Andy's house for the first week. Was great to stay in a beautiful apartment with a huge couch and tv, a lovely bedroom, a big kitchen to cook in and lots of wine to drink. Lauren and Andy are coming to Melbourne in Feb so we promised to return the favour then. 

School finished. All my students wanted to know why I was going home, but understood when i pointed out the weather and all of Australias pull. A very drunken night on the friday followed and lots of wine to celebrate. This week we have been staying at my friend Louises. An aussie sharehouse- abundant with vegemite and tim tams. Jayden has finished up today. We are packed up and cant wait to hit europee. The weather is so awful here. The fact that its summer means nothing- still grey and drizzly. Cant wait to hit the beach in spain.

It's a little bit sad to leave london. Have met some lovely people who i hope to maybe see one day in Aus. Work although sometimes overwhelming has been a great career opportunity. And i think that getting out of our comfort zone has made us appreciate our home and all our friends and family even more. I know that I can handle a lot more than i thought and the fact that we can go through all this and come out the other end just as happy together is comforting.

Here's to even more adventures, and challenges in Europe (and hopefully just a bit of sun).

xoxo

Comments

1

we never doubted you for one minute. knew you two would make it. xxx and yes, don't forget the family and friends back in australia.

  mum Jul 25, 2009 4:31 PM

2

Hi you two. What an adventure you are having. Have fun and keep safe. Look forward to seeing you both in December. love Nan

  Patricia Douglas Jul 26, 2009 10:08 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.