Existing Member?

Candice & Jayden's O.S Adventure

Camp- South of France

FRANCE | Saturday, 30 May 2009 | Views [475]

For those of you who don't know I was able to get myself on the watersports camp in azu rivage. 1 week without teaching, and it beats the hell out a 1 night orientation camp in phillip island. It all started with a bus ride (3hrs) a ferry ride (2 hrs) and a 15 hour bus ride on the other side. You all know how i am with my sleeping, so you can imagine how i was with the kids on the bus. I had to borrow your line Myra 'Silence- its a simple concept'. I had the noisy kids sitting next to me and the bus driver (who i was actually scared of) for hours at a time. They were eventually silent thanks to all my ranting.

As for the camp. It was awesome. We were staying in tents. But they were well set up- every person had a seperate zip up compartment, electricity, a fridge, full cooking facilities. The activities were sailing (pico and darts), catamaran sailing, kayaking, raft building, mountain bike riding, windsurfing. Lots of opportunity and lots of fun. The teachers even had a night out at a local french resturaunt and a french bar with many french beers flowing. A great opportunity to see the south of france at no cost. awesome.

As for now- Jayden and i are just enjoying the english summer. rides in the park, boat rides on the thames, drinking in the pubs in the sun. Only 7 weeks to go of work and then off to portugal. It's hard to save money in London in Summer when all you want to do is go outside and eat/drink/socailise. However we will try. counting down the weeks.

xoxo

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.