Existing Member?

Candice & Jayden's O.S Adventure

Brighton & The Big Dump

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 3 February 2009 | Views [309] | Comments [2]

Well what a weekend. Jayden and I went to Brighton on the bus early sat morn. Arrived around 11am and was able to check into our hotel then and there as no one had stayed the previous night. We went off to see the major tourist attraction- The Pavillion. It is a castle that was built by King George in the 1800's. This guy was known for his partying, women, food, drink and general extravagance so the palace was amazing. Very showy and way ahead of its time. It's nicknamed 'the pleasure palace'. Did a tour there and then walked around the town. Very lovely, the north end is very hippy and bohemian and the south classy and cultured. A nice afternoon browsing shops and just wandering. We spotted a sign for 3 pound cocktails during the day and made our way there for pre dinner drinks. They were beautiful, and lots of fun. Once we both had 3 cocktails under our belt off we went for japanesse and then a 'walkabout' (an aussie pub franchise) for snakebites and fosters. 

Sunday we went to the brighton pier. A permanant carnival on the pier. The beatles apparently wrote a song about it. Then strolled along the beach (with stones not sand) and just chilled. went to go pick up our bags and back on the bus to london. whilst we were waiting it started snowing.

once back in London sunday night it really started snowing and starting to pile up on the ground. I awoke mon morn to a message saying all train and bus lines were down and school was closed! yay! So a snow day it was. we walked around in the snow, watched kids (and adults) throw snowballs and make snowmen. Lots of fun. We even had a play in our front yard. Have a look at the photos attached as it was so pretty. The heaviest snow london has had in 25 yrs. hopefully the trains are up and running tom. As nice as it was to have a snow day i do need to return to work and earn some cash.

P.s- Jayden got a job too which is fantastic. a bit of a hike but doing I.t and good money. And he was just about to look at waitering jobs...so close.

Comments

1

hey guys....sounds like you had an awesome weekend :).......complete opposite to our weather.......melb had hottest 3 days ever on record 3 over 43 degrees, we hit 44.5 and 45.3 on two of the days.......hot weekend then by sunday and still now lower temps early 30's but really humid......AC isnt working at gym either so its fun going there...you sweat just walking in quite gross.......steph and i looked at houses on sat and saw em and dans block of land.....meeting with a mortgage broker tonight so will see how all that goes.....not even bothering looking around greensy / diamo or briar hill etc....the houses are 15 + years old....not nicest layouts and you would want to spend money to mak e it how you want and still ask 370 - 390k.....hadnt really been to doreen before and we had a look at afew open houses....really nice.....awesome layouts alfresco area....double garage with internal access etc.....anywhrer from 280k (20sq house) upto 350 k(27 sq house) and land packages......been looking more into Porter davis homes which are a bit dearer but like your dad said candice they finish it all off better and are more reputable.....and they survived the economic downfall in the 90's etc....some other builders that build in the estates ther are like 5 yr - 10 yr in industry and their reviews on the net leave alot to be desired.....so yeah looking into that and hopefully have a house when you return...........still planning on meeting you gusy OS on way home though even if get a house in asia or somewhere isnt it ?......time to save moolah now..

hope alls good and will talk soon

Simon

  simon berton Feb 3, 2009 7:50 AM

2

oh yeah jayden tell me more about the job.........though keep it as non technical as possible :)

congrats

  simon Feb 3, 2009 2:04 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.