Existing Member?

Retirement Travels

First Day of Travel

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 4 June 2016 | Views [442] | Comments [3]

After a very wet and foggy start to the day the group, minus Allan, met at Maccas at Lithgow. Gary, Elke and Ken had stayed the night at Lithgow with Jenny and I and Schuey travelling from home after a very early start. The trip over the mountains was pretty easy with little traffic.

 

We left Lithgow at about 9:00AM and headed for Dubbo with a stop for a very welcome coffee in Molong. At Dubbo we were met by some other club members, Rick as well as Karen and Richard from Forbes and Orange. Given the very wet weather we made a decision to stop in the caravan park in Narromine, this was preferable to getting camping gear wet on the first night. Jack Cooper from Narromine who has just finished a trip in to Arnhem Land met us to share his experiences.

 

An early start tomorrow will see us of to the Warrego River to camp - weather permitting.

Comments

1

How modern is this!

  Ken Jun 4, 2016 6:03 PM

2

Great to catch up with everyone last night. I had to change my route home because of a lot of water over the road between Narromine and Tullamore. Looked as though a creek had broken it's banks about half way between the towns. There was no chance I was going to get through. Have fun on the Warrego tonight...hope it's not too wet

  Rick Jun 5, 2016 11:04 AM

3

Was really great to catch up. Highlight was Ken bogging inside city limits. Another fine for Ken is misspelling Pilliga on upcoming trip. Does this trip leader know where he's going? Have a great time guys!

  Karen, Richard & Jack Jun 5, 2016 12:48 PM

About jmandjm


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.