Existing Member?

Namaste, India 3 months of Teaching and Traveling through Beautiful, Amazing India

To blog, or not to blog

INDIA | Monday, 29 October 2007 | Views [381]

I must reflect on my experiences in order to fully appreciate and grow from them. I realized the power of writing and began journaling and writing poetry when I was 13. My favorite way to write is with paper and a pencil in a private notebook. Hands down, raw material. This way I can express my true thoughts without worrying about ANYBODY else's reaction. When I truly write, all I am is honesty. When I publish my writing (in some form) I worry about what people will think --will they be offended? --what will they think? --will they understand? I have become very critical of my own writing when I know that other people are reading it. I have decided to blog because I want to keep in touch with the people I love through out this amazing experience we call India. However, I have been warned to be careful, and that sometimes people are offended or hurt by what they have read in blogs. The people here in Bangalore who have welcomed me into their homes or school are amazing, truly hospitable people. I have nothing but love and respect for them. Those of you who know me well know that I care deeply (a little too deeply) what people think and that it is never my intention to hurt anyone. However, my decision to post this blog is my decision to truly write. My entries are going to be narratives of my experiences as well as my thoughts and opinions regarding life in India, politics, religion, class, globalization. Some people don't care to discuss these things and believe they are private. I don't. The personal is political, yo. I'm not telling anyone to expect to be offended or that this blog is going to be racy, tabloid-ish, or crude, but please know that is my Indian Adventure uncensored.

Tags: Adrenaline

About jjanowski


Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.