Existing Member?

Jim and Nic go 'round the world in 180 Days

Sunday at Leisure & On the Road Again

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 17 December 2009 | Views [431]

Salt Lake @ The Coorrong

Salt Lake @ The Coorrong

Sunday 13th December
Adelaide

Well, the night wasn't as late as we expected!  The famous bar was a little underwhelming and the drag show didn't start until 2:00am so we were home in bed by 1:00am. The one and only drag queen spotted earlier in the evening was so scary, we felt waiting to see more was probably a waste of time.

We headed into down town for a little shopping this morning then back to the beach as the sun was shining again.  A relaxing day before heading out on the road again.


Monday 14th December
Little Dip Conservation Park

Heading south from Adelaide, we decided to make a coffee stop at the town of Hahndorf, the oldest German town in Australia.  We didn't really know anything about it.... just liked the name. It was like finding ourselves in a quaint German village, freaky really.  We got some excellent coffee and the papers, picked up some German sausage and sauerkraut for dinner and headed back on the road.

Our trip took us through The Coorong wetlands region, which were, given the change in climate, only slightly damp and finally found our way to Little Dip Beach.  We checked out a very pretty alternative camp site but were attacked by mozzies with attitude on arrival, so headed for our final site nearer the beach.  All was going well until dusk (8pm here) when the mozzies found our campsite and attacked with a vengeance.  Even Jim got hit! We quickly finished dinner and jumped into the van.  Not a very nice experience. Think Tippy Heddron and The Birds, with the mosquitoes only slightly smaller.

 

About jimandnicadventure

Us in Petersham

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.