Existing Member?

Jim and Nic go 'round the world in 180 Days

Pilgrimage to Maggie Beer's Place

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 12 December 2009 | Views [459]

Jim on the set of The Cook and the Chef

Jim on the set of The Cook and the Chef

Friday 11th December

Barossa Valley/Adelaide


We awoke to a slightly overcast day but we weren't worried. Our destination today is the Barossa Valley on a pilgrimage to Maggie Beer's Farm Shop.


The trip to the Barossa took us north from Adelaide and it's only about an hour. It was fun to drive past some iconic wineries like Penfolds and Wolf Blass with their spectacular cellar doors.


We found Maggie's place down a back road and it was a treat. The staff obviously love her and the shop is packed with her provisions. We had pheasant and mushroom terrine for lunch, fresh out of the oven and a local “Beer” Riesling - fab! We also took over the kitchen/ studio where the ABC's Cook and the Chef is filmed, and did our own private photo shoot.


Back home to our apartment an we were pleasantly surprised to find that the cleaning fairy had been through. A lovely afternoon nap then we hit the town for a night out. Didn't get to bed until 1:00am – dirty-stop-outs :)


Saturday 12th December

Adelaide


Whilst Nic slept in Jim popped out to collect the Saturday papers and then it was a long leisurely breakfast over the papers. As the weather looked promising we headed back to the famous Maslin beach for an afternoon in the sun then back for a late siesta. We're going out late tonight to check out the famous Mars Bar – the preeminent drag bar in Adelaida. Doesn't open until 10:00pm see who knows what time we'll get in.


 

About jimandnicadventure

Us in Petersham

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.