Existing Member?

Jim and Nic go 'round the world in 180 Days

Port Lincoln SA

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 8 December 2009 | Views [433] | Comments [1]

Saturday 5th December

Port Lincoln


Only 540km on the dial today-slack!


After a quick breakfast (always with freshly brewed coffee) and 20 or so Kangaroo's heading off the grasslands and into the bush before the heat of the day, we headed back to the main road and through to the little town of Ceduna. We were able to pick up the papers and a coffee as well as check the Internet.


Continuing our coast hugging driving we headed south towards Port Lincoln. The dry scrubby plains have now been replaced with rolling hills of wheat. There has been such a dramatic change in the landscape over the past three day. Australian is certainly a vast country of extremes and scenic beauty.


After 15 days of camping we have decided to treat ourselves to a real bed and bath. We've booked into a one bedroom suite in the Port Lincoln Hotel. On the sixth floor, over looking the water with spa and king size bed. We feel so virtuous after over 1500 kilometres in the past three days :)) Room service, spa bath and king-sized bed-yeah!!!


 

Comments

1

Nice to read you are really roughing it (not)! You missed Connies annual visit, this time with Kate an Ohio gal who seems v. nice. Tye joined us for my birthday dinner on Sun night at Shelley's. They are staying at the Hilton then to Port Douglas tomorrow before heading to the folks in SA on the weekend. Don't think they are coming back. His number in Adelaide is 8332 5213. 2 Penfold Road, Magill. His mobile is 0416844928.

  Janet Dec 9, 2009 9:46 AM

About jimandnicadventure

Us in Petersham

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.