Existing Member?

Jim and Nic go 'round the world in 180 Days

Stirling Range National Park

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 1 December 2009 | Views [336]

Stirling Range National Park

Stirling Range National Park

Monday 30th November

Stirling Range National Park.

 

We've finally left Shelley Beach. Only problem is that we're heading north, not east.  Oh well, we can do that tomorrow.

 

As the morning was overcast, it made breaking camp just that little bit easier.  We have loved staying at Shelley Beach – went for one night and stayed five. What can we say ... a small hidden gem on the coast of Australia.

 

Headed into Albany to replenish stocks and fill up on petrol, water and the like, then headed north to the Stirling Ranges National Park. The ranges are famous for their highest peaks in Southern WA and their wild flowers.  We drove through the park stopping for lunch and taking time to enjoy the views, goannas, emus, eagles etc.

 

The countryside has changed remarkably in the short distance from the coast.  Gone are the lush pastures and thick forests replaced with wheat fields and dry landscapes - much like the Australia we all know.

 

We came across a unique camp spot to spend the night.  A local farmer has set up a camping site just off the boundary of the National Park.  Nic the 'cleaning fairy' was able to wash our ferrile cloths of the past week and Jim the chef prepared a fab dinner in the camp kitchen.  We also took the opportunity to charge up the computer, camera and phones.  AND we had the full ablution – shave and shower etc – how exciting! Hot water and electricity... not technically camping, more like a farm-stay really, but we are the only ones here, so feel like we own the joint.

 

About jimandnicadventure

Us in Petersham

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.