Existing Member?

Jim and Nic go 'round the world in 180 Days

The Blow hole was really a Wheeze!

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 1 December 2009 | Views [223]

Friday 27th November

Shelley Beach WA

We know we should be getting a move on but decided to stay for another day.  That's the beauty of no timetable travel.  It's a nice change after the international leg of our adventure which was, by necessity, quite prescriptive.

We headed into the town of Albany for coffee and the papers then to the Torndirrup National Park. 

Visited many of the local sites; the blow hole (more like a wheeze than a blow), The Gap/ Natural Bridge with specular lookouts and Frenchman Bay.  A beautiful bay that looks out to King George Sound and like all the beaches around had white sand and turquoise water.

Headed back to camp for a little siesta and sit on the beach.  Weather still not great but the rain and wind has stopped. 

As we were sitting down for the 'call to cocktails' Nic noticed a fin in the water about 20metres away – shark or dolphin?  A few minutes later we were entertained by a pod of dolphins swimming the length of our beach.  Sipping cocktails, feet in the sand, watching nature at it's best.

About jimandnicadventure

Us in Petersham

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.