Existing Member?

Jim and Nic go 'round the world in 180 Days

Somewhere in the Aegean Sea

GREECE | Tuesday, 29 September 2009 | Views [492]

Wednesday 23rd September

Somewhere in the Aegean Sea


We're heading from the Italian to the Grecian coast today. We passed through the Canal of Ithica and then traveled through the Pelopenese Islands bringing up memories of high school ancient history classes. We sit on our balcony and are amazed at the beauty of the coast. The sun is shining, the sea calm and blue. Paradise!


Another massage today to round off our two days of chilling. Tonight was the captains dinner and it was a gala formal occasion ... so the daily news told us. Fortunately not many of the other cruisers wore formal gear so we didn't feel too out of place. The food on board pretends to be high class but doesn't really cut it. It's good quality but certainly not high end. Still, tasty, and plenty of it. But, breakfast is lovely. We have the option of going to a buffet, restaurant or having it delivered to our suite – we chose the deliver and it's a lovely way to wake up in the morning. As a bonus treat we are able to order the Sydney Morning Herald as well. Not bad. After traveling for ten weeks it's nice to get some news from home to confirm that Australia still actually exists.


About jimandnicadventure

Us in Petersham

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.