Existing Member?

Jim and Nic go 'round the world in 180 Days

Nic of Arabia

MOROCCO | Sunday, 6 September 2009 | Views [561] | Comments [1]

Nic of Arabia

Nic of Arabia

Saturday 5th September

Marrakech


We awoke to a new guide – Mustafa (funny thing but we've never had a Bob or Trevor as a a guide yet). Mustafa took us through palaces, a necropolis and the bustling souks of the medina. The highlight of the day was our visit to the Yves Saint Laurant garden. He purchased this garden that was begun in 1928 and has left it with a trust to the city. Beautiful!


This afternoon we booked ourselves into the Hammam at the Riad for a complete ablution. We were both scrubbed from head to foot by a no-nonsense local girl. We came out glistening clean and just a little weary. But, the night was still young so we headed along a maze of alleys into the main square. This huge space was a bustling cauldron of humanity, with some distinct oddities thrown into the mix. Snake charmers (cobras, adders... no tree snakes here), monkey wranglers, just to name a few. We had dinner at a restaurant overlooking the square that allowed us a great view of the surging masses as they negotiated the various vendors, touts, charmers and gung-ho motorcyclists.


We've really warmed to this truly unique and exotic city and wish we could stay another day, but alas our journey takes us to the coast tomorrow. The beach is calling.

Comments

1

Hello guys, just enjoying reading your stories and seeing some pictures. Tommorrow i will heading to Holland , but the sad news is that my friend's father died just 4 days before here wedding.
The wedding has been cancelled but i will go to see some friends etc.
Enjoy your advetures and we keep following them.
Besos y abrazo paul Torrox Campo

  paul van cleef Sep 8, 2009 6:30 AM

About jimandnicadventure

Us in Petersham

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Morocco

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.