Existing Member?

Jim and Nic go 'round the world in 180 Days

Dawn in the Amazon

BRAZIL | Tuesday, 18 August 2009 | Views [493] | Comments [2]

Dawn in the Amazon

Dawn in the Amazon

Sunday 15th August

Sunrise on the Amazon. We awoke early, and were canoing by 5am after a quick coffee for a final trip to see the sun rise over the Amazon. The sunrise was majestic but the real buzz was the sounds of the birds and animals giving us their wakeup calls. A symphony of sounds that ranged from birds to howling monkeys that sounded like the roar of a pack of lions. Incredible sights and sounds. Back onto the big canoe to take breakfast and a two hour motor to where the two great rivers of the Amazon meet. Here, both rivers run side by side for ten kilometers without blending with each other. The Rio Nero is black water at 23 degrees and the Amazon is brown water at about 18 degrees. A remarkable site.


Finally we berthed back where we began our adventure at Manaus and said our fond farewells to our fellow travelers and headed to the airport for our 6 hour flight to Salvador.

Comments

1

Hello spunky boys,

Well, I'm sitting at Noeline and Peter's computer in beautiful Kilcare and am thinking of you both. I think of you often but this place reminds me of special times enjoyed with you two.

Life's been pretty busy with lots going on at work and finally getting things organised to move into Shells. My flat mate Belinda, found someone to move into our house and that was yesterday! In the menatime, I have moved into the spare room at home until room is made at Shells to move all my crap across. Anyway, I'll be your neighbour when you return :-)

Sounds like the trip is more then you'd imagined and I hope it just keeps getting better. But I think iot's time you came home................I miss you both. I think at times like these, I'd love for you to be here and give some guidance (or just shoot the breaze over a wine or two). Anyway, I'm looking really forward to moving in and settling in with Shells.

I can cook a fgew new dishes now so will treat you to one of my better ones when you come home.

Hope you stay safe and well and enjoy the next stage of your trip.

Love you both to Pluto and back 10000000000000000 times

Hels xxxxx

  Hels Sep 11, 2009 6:30 PM

2

Hi Hels

Your news of moving to Petersham is wonderful. We miss you too and look forward to our first home cooked meal from the Kitchen of Chez Hel-Reyers!

Our adventure has been better than we could have imagined.

(if you two want a weekend away in early December - wanna meet up in Adelaide?

We love you

your boys xox

  Jim & Nic Sep 15, 2009 2:23 AM

About jimandnicadventure

Us in Petersham

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.