Existing Member?

Jim and Mary's blog

And now the end is near

USA | Saturday, 6 April 2013 | Views [322] | Comments [2]

Sorry for the lack of up dates on our time in NY but the level of activity has been quite frenetic and we have tried to use every available moment to do things. New York allows that because there is something to do whatever the time of day or night. This has left us quite exhausted at the end of the day and too tired to write the blog. Often we have not got back until after midnight or 1.00am. The next day we ate quickly on to the next thing. Last night we visited the Empire State Building at about 11pm and did not get back to the flat until 1.15am. Well this our last day and as usual on our travels the weather appears to be kind to us. I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of days we have had rain, and even then for just a few hours.We will attempt to maintain the same standard when we return tomight. Howwever I should not bank upon it.

Today we are attempting our last to visit the Museum of Modern Art and the Metropolitan Museum. Two vast collections. We then take a flight from JFK at 18.20.James is on a seperate flight soon after. We will spend the night at Dorothy's, who has kindly allowed us to adjust to being back in the UK before driving back to Devon. We are anticipating that our cat is either going to be quite angry with us for abandoning her for 9 weeks or she will give us the cold shoulder. She has been looked after by neighbours Heather and Jim and looks from the photos, very spoilt by Lyn and her family. Alison is giving her the final preparation for our return. We have had a wonderful time and will enjoy our return to the familiarity of things in the UK and will no doubt start the planning of our next abventure.

Comments

1

Safe journey glad you had a good time
See you in 18days

  Heather Apr 6, 2013 11:52 PM

2

Just thought I'd see how you were doing and 'blow me down' you're on your way back! Well bon voyage and hear from you soon

  nick Apr 10, 2013 6:30 AM

About jimandmary


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.