Existing Member?

Jim and Mary's blog

Or last stop in Sri Lanka Near Galle

SRI LANKA | Monday, 18 February 2013 | Views [418] | Comments [1]

I am sorry that this blog is not up to the standard you would expect of  me being a wiz on the computer. However the site does not seem to perform as it should which has led to blogs not eing uploaded and photos in the wrong orientation. For instance this is the second attempt to yesterday's story.                                                                                                                                                                                 We are in the south of te island in what was an area originally occupied by the Portugese. The Dutch built sa fort here in the 18th century. Much ofit is still in existance and includes some military use. It accommodates the old town and is a pleasant place to be. Our accommodation is next to the beach and consists of miles of golden sand, just like the Bounty advert.It is almost like paradise. T ( How would I know, I have never been there.) The manager had a surprise when she realised that Mary and Michael were related to Rodney in Bandarawela. W,e have a resident couple who "do" for us, including the cooking. We tell them what we want and they shop for us and present it at the table. We just give them the money. 

The sea is quite rough here so we get quite thrown about when we enter it. It would be a surfers paradise.I got a bit of a fright today when I went out a little too far and had problems swimming back to shore. Needless to say I made it as I am not writing. this under water. Anyway there is one and a half more days to suffer this 80 degree  sunshine before we head off to Colombo and then Singapore. As

I am writing this I can here the cooks seering this fish which is to be put on my plate in a few moments time. 

 

Comments

1

Thanks for keeping us up to date on your travels! Sounds like you are having a great experience. We have just had a sunny weekend so I have done plenty of gardening and been out on the Harley!

  Jackie T Feb 19, 2013 7:21 PM

About jimandmary


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Sri Lanka

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.