Existing Member?

The great OZ

The count down begins

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 20 June 2007 | Views [750]

So it’s now 20 days till we head off on our trip, things are a little stressed as we finish up at work and deal with cold upon cold that Luke and I keep catching.

A fair bit has been happening in the last few weeks, getting the trailer together and buying the last of the things that we need.

Tim Bellamy was wonderful enough to help Luke build the kitchen for the trailer and we really can’t thank him enough cos it just looks great!!

And the man from Custom engineering good old Timmy will be helping in the next few weeks to build the most important thing of all THE BOAT RACKS!!!!!

Two weekends ago at our last fishing club lunch Luke and I were presented with the most wonderful picnic hamper. It is just wonderful the best picnic basket I have seen in a long time it looks like something out of a movie. Chris was also kind enough to organise getting our oven for the trailer (yes I have been able to twist Luke’s arm into letting us have a few creature comforts.) we also purchase a special mattress topper (memory foam) to stick on top of the foam mattress that came with the trailer so that we can have good night sleeps.

It has been raining non stop for the last two weeks and we have had some rather bad storms. I’ve attached some photos from Newcastle where a ship has been beached.

During all this wet weather Cooper held his birthday party at his and Sarah’s place. Thank God for our handy men as there were nailed in tarp and under cover devises everywhere along with lovely mushroom heaters. The star of the night was the pig on the spit and Andy I took photos of it just for you as I know you would have loved it. The party was going great and everyone was fairly well behaved until someone decided to make a beer bong and as you can imagine it all went down hill from there, I woke up the next morning with a rather large black eye and a very sore head and belly (I think most people woke up to a sore head and belly) thanks to the Queen and her birthday it was a long weekend so we all had enough time to recover before work the next week.

Last weekend was spent looking at car restraints for our dear little (big) Gremmy and the rest of the time was spent indoor out of the wild weather watching movies and eating.

We have bought an external hard drive so I have been bring all our CD’s into work and copying them to the drive so it doesn’t take up so much room on our computer and we don’t have to take any CD’s with us, so that giving my days at work some meaning I have downloaded 20 or so days worth of music now (iTunes actually tells you how much music you have downloaded and once you get to 24 hrs it starts counting in days and hrs) allot of music!!! I’m sure we won’t be listening to all of it. It’s a pity we can’t put it all on our ipod. Now all we need is the new computer, Luke’s uncle will organise that for us and then were just about ready to go.

This weekend is our farewell so ill attach more photos again next week, we just hope the weather is good though I don’t think our chance of that is any good. but rain or shine it will go on it just might have to be at my parents if its raining.

Tags: Packing & gadgets

About jessicaandluke


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.