Existing Member?

World_Tour

Switzerland

SWITZERLAND | Thursday, 20 December 2007 | Views [490] | Comments [1]

Hey everyone.

    Ive finally found a place I can upload my latest photos at. I just got to London after having an amazing time in Switzerland the land of chocolate and cheese fondu. The landscape in Switzerland is the best Ive ever seen. Massive snow covered mountains in every direction you look. Zermatt has the best views while snowboarding and you can see Matterhorn from anywhere in the area. While snowboarding in Zermatt we were going to go up to the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise and ski all the way down the mountain but there was a huge blizzard at the top and were only allowed to go so high. It was still a 30 minute or more run and the weather was great on the other part of the mountain. Our last night in Zermatt we met some cool people from France, Berlin, and Switzerland and we all went on a mission to find Cheese Fondu at 10:30pm. Everything was closed but at one of the hotel restaraunts we looked at the host found us a free cab ride to a restaraunt that stayed up exclusively for us to experience our fondu. The Pesto made the Cheese Fondu even more tasty.

     Prior to Zermatt we were staying in Interlaken. This was more low key with a lot of beautiful scenery. We went skiing/snowboarding through Grendelwald and a couple other towns on the way down the mountain. It was awesome. On another day we took a Gondula up to Gimmelwald which is a small Swiss town on the edge of a mountain. There were sheep, donkeys, and small houses everywhere with the locals sledding down the one small road. There werent really any tourists there which was great. We then hiked for a bit up to the next town which was more busy. Very expensive food but very good food. We met a very nice restaraunt owner there who showered us in candy. He told us how he skis to work everyday.

     Our final destination in Switzerland was Zurich. There werent any mountains here but we got a hotel and it was pretty nice being able to have our own room with a tv and a good shower. We didnt do much in Zurich. Our flight left Zurich the next morning. And we were off to London.

Tags: Snow

Comments

1

Looking forward to going there in January. You gotta let me know where to go in Zermatt and what to snowboard down on.

Merry Christmas!

-RV

  Arvi Raquel-Santos Dec 21, 2007 3:34 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Switzerland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.