Existing Member?

World_Tour

Chillin

NETHERLANDS | Monday, 3 December 2007 | Views [361] | Comments [1]

Our trip to Amsterdam ended up being pretty expensive considering we missed our flight and had to pay an extra 75 Euro to get to lower Germany then we took buses and trains to Amsterdam which costed over 90 Euro. Didnt do a whole lot of sight seeing in Amsterdam. Everyday we tried going to the museums wed get side tracked and get there right when they were closing. We went to some really chill coffee shops and hung out. Met some really cool people. I drank Jasmine tea with Marihuana (thats how they spell it. not Marijuana) powder in it. It tasted good. Our hostel was right on the edge of the Red Light District which is pretty spread out. So, everytime we left the hostel wed see half naked women in the windows. We didnt go to any sex shows but we met some people in Dublin who told us a interesting story but Ill try to keep this journal somewhat PG-13. So, just ask me about it youd like to hear the story. It involves mushrooms, bananas, gorillas, and the girl next door. Im sorry I do not have any pictures of Amsterdam. Alex has some but my camera battery was dead for those days. After experiencing the "culture" of Amsterdam we were on our way to Berlin by train. The Berlin train took about 6 hours. The hostel we are staying in is top quality. Got some Londoneers in the bunk next to ours with some helpful info on Berlin. Well see how Berlin goes.

Tags: Culture

Comments

1

I want to hear that story with the gorillas! Sorry you didn't get any photos. Please write me some e-mails outside of your journal. Like, did you get mine about your deposit, etc? Seems like you've been gone forever and it only been a little over a week. Lots of Euros
being spent! Better get out of Europe quick!
We love you so, so, so much and miss you so, so, so much.

  Mom Dec 4, 2007 11:40 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Netherlands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.