Existing Member?

Arrivederci

Rome, Naples, and Capri

USA | Wednesday, 24 September 2008 | Views [260] | Comments [1]

Well we did Rome yesterday and we did great.  We took a train from our port to Rome which took about an hour, from there we rode the subway(Metro) to the Coliseum, it was huge we walked around it but did not go inside, the line was enormous!!  After that we had lunch and then went to find the Trevali fountain, we took the subway again and found a fountain that we thought was the correct one, we learned later on the ship that it was not.  We were wondering what all the fuss was over such a small fountain.  Anyway we were tired by then and headed back to the ship.  We have to be on board every night by 6:30 and when you add an hour train ride to that you have to leave pretty early.  By the ride home Kenny and I must have looked like pros because people were asking us about where the main station was and if they were on the correct train.

Today we arrived in Naples, another large town, however we are right downtown so navigation was much easier.  We did take an hour ferry ride to the Isle of Capri, and it was beautiful, so quaint.  All the streets in the main city center are for walking only, you have to take a tram to the top.  Tons of shopping, although out of my league, Dolce, Hermes, Gucci just to name a few.  Had a great lunch of Calzones, put Milanos to shame I must say.  Back on the boat by  5:00 and ready for our last stop tomorrow of Sicily.  We're having a great time but will need to rest when we get back.  Tired, tired, tired, but can't stop yet.

Oh one more thing, the other universal word is Beer.

Comments

1

I'm so jealous!!!! I'm glad you guys are going and doing and not staying on the ship. I'm back home and resting. The first night I slept 81/2 hours straight! I called the first night back and spoke to Alex. They were fine - he sounded surprised I would even ask. I guess he wasn't having withdrawal symptoms, but I kind of was.....I felt a little ownership there! I imagine you will be exhausted when you get ome - I hope you have a big plate of something good Sicilian when you're there - whatever that might be! Call me next week when you get back to normal.

  Jeannine Sep 26, 2008 2:23 AM

About jennifer164


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.