Existing Member?

Dreamland Hey all... this blog contains updates of my stay in beautiful South America :) Que disfruten!

Da Coast

ECUADOR | Tuesday, 8 April 2008 | Views [417]

Hey everyone,

I know I just sent out an email, but I had another weekend. So I thought I'd send a quick little email to tell you about it! This weekend I went to the most amazing beach on earth. It was in a little town on the coast of Ecuador called Canoa. We took an overnight bus on Thursday to get there, and were there until Sunday night, when we took another overnight bus back and arrived in Quito at 8:00 Monday morning. Three full days at the beach was definitely worth two not-so-great nights of sleep on a bus.

So this town I stayed in was adorable. The streets were made of sand, local surfers roamed everywhere, and Bob Marley played all day long. There were also mountains, and little tents that you could rent for three bucks a day to protect you from the sun that lined the shoreline of the ocean. We pretty much just hung out on the beach all day swimming, napping, exploring the little tide pools that were a 15 minute walk from our hostel toward the mountain hilly things, and eating seafood. We played beach volleyball and admired the surfers riding the waves. At some points, we could look out at the ocean, and it was almost as if there was a surf competition going on or something... all we saw were surfers, about 40 of them, all waiting for the perfect wave. We really couldn't have asked for more.

A couple things were a bit disappointing about the weekend. First of all, I got sunburned the first day (go figure) although I put sunblock on (50 SPF, not to mention) about five times. And I could not have been in the sun for more than four hours. Pathetic, skin. Absolutely pathetic. It makes me wonder what my skin is going to do in the Galapagos when I'm in the sun all day for ten days. I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit worried. Secondly, I tried to go to this cave that you can apparently get to when the tide is low with a friend and a local guy who offered to “guide” us there since we didn't really know where it was. To make a long story short, that didn't work out, the ocean tried to kill us, and my foot was mauled by the rock wall that I had to climb back to safety on and is now infected. It better be back to normal by this weekend, cause I'm climbing Cotopaxi!!

Well what else?? The sunsets at this beach were unbelievable. So gorgeous. And to make them Ecuadorian, we often watched the sun set while the locals played soccer next to the water. How cute, huh? I don't know what else to say really. There really wasn't too much to the weekend other than relaxation. And this AWESOME burger joint run by some guy from Texas or something. I didn't realize how much I missed REAL burgers until this weekend.

Well with that I'll finish. I feel like a short email is fine this week, since the email I wrote last week was long, and there's not much more to say about my past weekend other than “relaxation!”

I'd love to hear from you all. I haven't heard from many of you for a long time and miss you =( So if you have time let me know what's up!! Hope everyone is doing well!!

Love and Hugs,
Jenna


About jennaanne


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.