Existing Member?

Dreamland Hey all... this blog contains updates of my stay in beautiful South America :) Que disfruten!

Aaaahhhhh

ECUADOR | Tuesday, 4 March 2008 | Views [855]

Hey everyone,


Well, this week, I'm going to keep the email super short, first of all because I feel like my emails have been pretty dang long lately, and secondly, because I didn't do too much that I can write about this weekend. However, I have put more pictures up, so the links to the pictures at the bottom of the email will make up for the short letter =)

It was a tough decision to stay home this weekend, as my Andinismo class went on another trip that sounded pretty intense (they got to use ice picks to climb up the volcano they went to!!) So, although I'm a bit disappointed that I missed the trip, it was wonderful to, number one, be able to relax for a few days, and number two, get a bunch of homework done this weekend (it's the middle of the semester... or in other words, I have midterms, projects, and papers galore). I also got a bunch of errands done, which puts me a bit more at ease.

Well anyway, other than relaxing and doing homework, I did actually do something somewhat adventurous this weekend. I explored the central part of Quito with a friend all day on Saturday (for the first time since I've been here!! I felt kind of guilty that I hadn't done that until now after I've been here for two months, so I figured it was about time to check that off of my “to see” list). We visited parks, churches, museums, the infamous Basilica(which we wanted to climb to the top of to get a great view of the city, but it was closed by the time we got there, tear), saw the Pancillo (a big statue of the Virgin Mary on a big hill in the middle of the city), got a tour of the Ecuadorian White House, and ate at a bunch of restaurants. We even went on a horse-drawn carriage ride (only $4 for about a half hour ride) through the city!! And about that carriage ride, if you ever happen to be in South America, and feel like you don't stick out enough already being an American, hop into a carriage, and you'll feel much better. We still don't quite understand why so many Ecuadorians found it so hilarious that my friend and I were on a carriage ride (although it was a bit amusing to see so many people laughing at us for unknown reasons). Other than this, we didn't do too much on Saturday. The day was very relaxing, warm, and enjoyable. It was a wonderful break from the hectic life of scrambling to go as many places as possible every single weekend.

With this, I'll take my leave. I'll try to write a more detailed email next week, although that might be difficult, as I'll be just as busy!! I hope everyone is having a great week so far (has it started warming up yet?)!! Well, here's the link to my pictures I've put up, enjoy!!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2355272&l=237cd&id=8630239

Love always,
Jenna

The best is yet to be....

Tags: relaxation

About jennaanne


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.