Existing Member?

Living the Dream My travel journal to help keep friends and family up to date with where I am in the world.

Nearly at the end

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 2 October 2006 | Views [479]

Only a few days to go now and I'll be on my way home to Brisbane. In the last couple of weeks I have travelled to the North of England and the North of France. I have been to Manchester twice to watch Manchester United play at Old Trafford. I have also checked out the town of York, the Yorkshire Dales National Park, the Lakes District National Park, Blackpool on the West coast and Liverpool - where I saw Liverpool play Newcastle United. Drove all the way down to Dover and caught the ferry over to Calais where we headed West to Le Havre then onto the D-Day landing beaches in Normandy and saw the Mont St Michel. From there down to Paris for the weekend. We stayed in Versailles where there is a large palace. Saw the sights in Paris and then returned back to England on the Monday and saw Portsmouth lose to Bolton in Portsmouth. Returned to Essex to catch up some more with my relatives before flying home for some much needed rest.

Tags: Sightseeing

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.