Existing Member?

Living the Dream My travel journal to help keep friends and family up to date with where I am in the world.

A few days of normality at last

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 15 September 2006 | Views [502]

Made it to England from Croatia a few days ago. From the airport I had to take a train to Farrington station, then the tube from Farrington to Liverpool Street station, where I got on another train to Colchester Station, where I got a bus into the main street of town to meet my cousin at her work. Then back on the bus to her house and into the car for the journey out to Harwich where I have been the last few days. That was after getting up in the morning and catching a taxi to Split Airport and flying to Gatwick. Who said travelling was fun!

When I got on the tube - on which I only had to travel three stations - some nutter, two carriages away, decided to repeatedly pick up one of those bags with wheels and a handle and smash it into the floor of the train. A few business men on the train approached him, although he continued. One of the train drivers then walked through to where he was and gave the all clear for the train to continue, as we where stopped in a tunnel, to the next station where security escorted him off the train.

Last night I rang the guy that was organising me tickets to see Manchester United play at their home ground. Last time we spoke he had told me I had tickets for the Newcastle game. When I rang last night I found out he had also got me tickets to the Arsenal game and the Champions League game against Celtic of Scotland. Unfortunately the game against Celtic had been played the night before! So there was two empty seats there with my name on them. I really didn't need to be reminded of these life lessons when I'm not at work.

Anyway off to London tomorrow morning to catch up with my brother breifly and a friend or two and meet up with my mate Adam again. Adam and I will drive to Manchester Sunday morning to watch United play Arsenal and stay up that way to watch Liverpool play Newcastle at Anfield before going to France on Thursday for the weekend.

Tags: planes trains & automobiles

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.