Existing Member?

Living the Dream My travel journal to help keep friends and family up to date with where I am in the world.

The Last Week!

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 29 May 2006 | Views [260]

Only one week till I jet off to Germany and the single biggest sporting event the world has ever seen. Excitement is definately here now and last week I had a test run with a trip down to Melbourne for the match against Greece. I flew down on Thursday morning and flew back Friday evening. We got off the plane mid-morning in Melbourne and it was six degrees but we soon got used to it. Took a tram down to St Kilda Beach and back before hitting the pub for a few beers. After a quick trip back to our Hotel we made our way to one of the pre-match functions organised by the Fanatics and undoubtably consumed a few beverages and met up with some other fellow supporters before heading to the 'G' for the much anticipated game. The Greeks were out in full force which is not suprising since the only city with more Greeks is Athens! The goal Skoko scored was a screamer and the stadium, all 95,106 of them, went nuts. We went to the AFL Hall of Fame the next day and it was pretty cool, even for us non-AFL fans. Lots of interactive displays which were a lot of fun.

Got our passports back from the travel agent for the second time after having to re-apply for our Russian visas thanks to the Contiki reschedule. Just need to tie up loose ends this week which includes a few "farewell and have a safe trip" parties.

Tags: Party time

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.