Existing Member?

Living the Dream My travel journal to help keep friends and family up to date with where I am in the world.

Tickets Arrive!

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 1 May 2006 | Views [271]

This week saw match tickets arrive via courier along with some information about getting to the games. They are quite big tickets and made of a thick cardboard compared to any tickets I have seen for any sporting event in the past.

Every week I keep hearing of people who are going to Germany for the World Cup. It sounds like there will be hundreds of people from Brisbane in Germany. They must have heard about the beer!

Five weeks to go before lift-off and I'll get to see the team play Greece in Melbourne later in the month with a couple of mates who won't be fortunate enough to get to Germany. Hopefully all the Aussies are fit by then considering the injury problems that have come about for the Australian team in the last week and a bit. Although none of them sound as serious as England's dilemma thanks to Wayne Rooney breaking his foot.

With the departure date now fast approaching, time to figure out what camera I want to buy, whether I want an iPod or not and I need to order a SIM card for Europe so that I can make cheap calls while I am away and receive calls and SMS free rather than roaming with my current mobile account which would cost quite a bit.

Tags: The Planning Phase

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.