Existing Member?

Living the Dream My travel journal to help keep friends and family up to date with where I am in the world.

7 Weeks to go!

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 17 April 2006 | Views [292]

Seven weeks to go today and hopefully these four 4-day weeks in a row will make it go even quicker!

In keeping with my current theme of outlining my itinerary, here's what comes after the Fanatics Tour -

From Munich we take the train up to Heidelburg, Germany's oldest University city which is 130km northwest of Stuttgart. We spend a couple of nights here and check out Heidelburg's Schloss (palace) and the City in general before taking a short trip East to Neustadt for another couple of nights. Neustadt is on the German Wine Road (Deutsche Weinstrasse) and is also very close to Kaiserslautern which is the venue of the Round of 16 match that will see the Runner-up of Australia's group (hopefully Australia if Brazil do as expected and win the group) play the winner of Group E which is made up of Italy, Ghana, USA and the Czech Republic.

The morning after that match, for which we have tickets, we will need to be up early and on a train north to Dortmund for another Round of 16 Match. This time it is the winner of Australia's group against the runner-up of Group E. We spend 5 nights in Dortmund so no doubt will take a look around the region and one of my mates has a ticket to the Quarter Final match in Gelsenkirchen.

---------------------------------------------------

Also went shopping today at Kathmandu, the shop not the place, to see if there was anything useful we could pick up. I got a Maglite (torch), travel towel, toiletries bag, pegless clothesline and travel pillow. My mate Adam bought himself a backpack from one of the other hiking shops. I'm not sure about the pillow though. I am usually pretty fussy when it comes to pillows and I have a feeling I am going to get really pissed-off trying to sleep without a decent pillow!

Tags: The Planning Phase

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.