Existing Member?

Living the Dream My travel journal to help keep friends and family up to date with where I am in the world.

So where am I going?

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 3 April 2006 | Views [263]

Well I won't be able to answer this for the whole four months but the first couple of months is pretty much mapped out. I didn't really want to lock everything in and take away all my flexibility but because it is World Cup time in Germany, I thought it would be best for the early stages.

I fly out of Brisbane on Monday 5th June at about 1:30pm, flying Royal Brunei with a couple of mates. I'm told they don't serve alcohol on Royal Brunei but we can take as much as our own as we want with us on the flight. They prey before take-off too. We have a couple of transit stops, one in Brunei and one in Bangkok before landing in Frankfurt at around 6am Tuesday.

From Frankfurt we take the train out to a place called Bingen (lat=49.97, lon=7.88) which is at the southern end of a stretch of the Rhine known as the "Romantic Rhine" or Middle Rhine Valley. It is a UNESCO World Heritage listed 65KM stretch of riverscape. We'll most likely stay here until the weekend and explore the valley and maybe take a trip into Mainz which is the state capital of Rhineland-Palatinate.

At the weekend, the real action begins. Saturday will see us move into Franfurt for England's opening match against Paraguay which one of my mates has a ticket for and the following day will see us commence a two week tour with the official Australian supporters group run by Football Australia and the Fanatics. More on this in my next blog...

Tags: The Planning Phase

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.