Existing Member?

Where the bloody hell am I

Excitement and Relaxation

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 12 April 2007 | Views [402]

Having been put onto a good hostel and given a free train ticket to Budapest by the poms I met in Bratislava (maybe something good did come out of the trip) I instantly cheered up being in Hungary. Budapest is a beutiful city that hasn't been looked after very well. I checked out Margaret island where they have the Sziget festival, can't wait til Rock Werchter!!

The real excitement began when we (there were about 10 of us from the hostel who'd been hangin out together) went caving. This was proper get on ur stomach and wriggle kind of caving. Some places were so tight u had to tilt ur head on its side to get through. The guide was like a rat up a drainpipe through some of these holes. The others tended to be painfully slow. We'd done about half the tour when Matt, who had shoulders about as dodgy as Dale's, managed to dislocate his shoulder 30m underground. It didn't pop back in and with the way out so tight we were now in the middle of a cave rescue. They had to tie him onto a C-spine type board and drag him out with ropes, including up a 10m ladder. There were about 50 people there by the end (about 2.5 hours later), including a photographer from the local paper. There was such a massive fuss about it. Matt was sweet and even managed to come out and get pissed that night.

After a massive night we went to the baths the next day and had the most relaxing day ever. With the sun shining and the water at a beautiful 35 degrees it was the perfect antidote to a hangover. Wish there was one in newy! Budapest was so good and had so much to do I ended up spending twice as long there as I'd planned to.

Tags: Adventures

About jeffro


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.