Existing Member?

India 101

hell of a way...

INDIA | Thursday, 13 September 2007 | Views [344] | Comments [3]

So, this is hardly how I imagined beginning my trip.  My luggage is MIA somewhere, and I have only my carry-on bag which has my Lonely Planet, camera, iPod, Nalgene, and antiseptic wipes.  It also now (luckily) has the personal hygiene package provided by Delta BusinessElite class.  Last night a driver was supposed to pick me up from the airport but he didn't show, so I got a pre-paid taxi for 150 rupees to the hotel i had pre-booked.  This hotel had air conditioning, a TV, and toilet paper, but that was about it.  I didn't sleep more than 2 hours between the jetlag and worrying about my bag, which is still MIA after wandering around the back alleys of the International Airport here looking for Delta's office.  I stick out like a sore thumb, obviously, which isn't helping matters.  And Mumbai is EXPENSIVE.  I had planned to make my way to Delhi as quickly as possible, and now I hardly know what to do.  I'm using the Hyatt Regency's business room for internet, as it is close to the airport, and i'm hoping they can help me deal with the Delta people.  And I think I'll stay here at the cost of 400 dollars a night tonight, but after that I don't even know.  That's 1/5th of my entire budget for the trip.  I would like to at least make it to Dharamsala before calling it quits, but if I can't find my luggage I really don't know if i can stay.  So Danielle, if you're reading this, make sure you check your e-mail in case i need an emergency flight back home. 

Other than that I'm safe, though, and that's what's really important.  I'm going to go look online for a better deal on this room.  Peace all.  Hope to talk to you soon, and with my backpack intact.  Much love.

Tags: Misadventures

Comments

1

Hi Babe,

Oh this is not good. Try and hang in there. I don't know what time you wrote this but it is like 8 in morning here so it must be like 6 at night there so hopefully they found your luggage. Well i hope you get this be for you leave the hotel. love ya and miss you.

  Amanda Sep 13, 2007 10:04 PM

2

Hang in there Josh - coming home would be such a waste after all the time you have spent planning this trip. If Delta has truly lost your luggage they must pay you a set amount to replace the contents. If you flew Business Elite they may be more accomodating than for a coach customer. Use the money to get some clothes and essentials and head out for the rest of the trip. If you need more money later, it can be wired to you.
Love you -- Mom

  Mom Sep 13, 2007 11:44 PM

3

Hey Josh, it sounds like you have had a difficult beginning......... it will get better. Amanda called early this morning to tell me to read your entry. I wasn't aware that we could reply until I just checked again and saw the responses. Hopefully you have your luggage. If not as your Mom said, they have to pay. Keep on going...you are there! Do what you have to do!
love Ya, Josh~~ Hugs Galore xoxoxDonna

  donna Sep 14, 2007 5:29 AM

About jdemers26


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.