Existing Member?

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much Welcome to my e-version of Dr. King's inescapable network of mutuality...

La finca de verdad

COSTA RICA | Sunday, 7 June 2009 | Views [471] | Comments [1]

Bueno, on what seems to be one of my last adventures in Costa Rica (I’m coming home next week!), I had a chance to visit ‘la finca’ of my hostess’ family.  I knew what to expect this time so I wore my light-weight pants, sneakers, a long-sleeve shirt, and took a jacket with.  I knew this would be a true farm because one of my hostess’ brothers brings fresh cheese, berries, and pastries from there a couple of times a week.  Folks, I s--t you not, this cheese is soooo good – I put it on and in everything; and sometimes eat it alone for breakfast (con café, claro).  I was a little nervous about getting to see where the cheese came from, for fear I would no longer want to eat it (kind of like looking behind the counter at the Waffle House), but indeed it was fine.  There are animals there, beautiful landscape, and my hostess’ mom uses a real firewood burning stove-pipe stove.  Check out the pics…

 

My previous trip with another dear friend from the states was another bonadventure of grand proportions.  We “roughed it” anaesthesiologst style (you know, 5-star but no penthouses), saw plenty of beautiful flora and fauna (including capuchins), zip-lined (!), drove twice as many bumpy roads as needed just for kicks, got lost and found, and still remained friends.  All of you that received calls from me last week from the boutique hotel with free internationals calls can thank NickyMac for that :).  Check out the pics…

 

Well dearhearts, as my sabbatical time has finally come to an end, I thank you all for caring enough to read my ramblings, view my pics, and keep in touch.  I truly appreciate it.  See you all soon, stateside…

 

all love,

me

Comments

1

I just read your last entry and viewed your pics - another interesting and exciting adventure. One of your shots in Monuelant looked as if you and Nicole were gliding between trees. If you were, WOW/scary!!
In Lafinca the pigs were much too clean - what's up with that? :) I truly enjoyed living through your experiences and am waiting with baited breath for your return. Love always, Mom

  dtucker Jun 8, 2009 11:21 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.