Existing Member?

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much Welcome to my e-version of Dr. King's inescapable network of mutuality...

Gettin' My Groove Back

COSTA RICA | Friday, 1 May 2009 | Views [421]

My Sabbatical groove, that is...

Well, ive been here in CR almost 2.5wks now.  The first week, I found a university student with whom to practice Spanish, joined a dance class, and got a good feel for the neighborhood and the neighbors.  I was feeling like this was gonna be a pretty productive time here cause unlike my DR trip, i jumped right in here to getting 'a groove' to my life.

But then....

I spent the second week traveling the countryside with my cousin, and ive spent most of this third week doing pediatric advanced life support (PALS (cause it's only 3yo)) on my laptop which had a near-drowning experience at the beginning of the week.

As such, i havent done any work on my book since i got here; i havent yet met with my college student cause ive been away, and ive missed a week of dance class!  Snap!  im traveling again starting friday with another friend to one of the volcano areas.  When i get back, ill start up my sabbatical stuff again; for real... 

Nonetheless, i have been taking great pics (if i may say so myself).  Here are a few from my last trip.  Good thing i have these pics cause once i get back to doing my sabbatical stuff, the pics of that are pretty boring (see 'a week of just life', etc.)

Ciao! to be continued... :)

 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.