Existing Member?

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much Welcome to my e-version of Dr. King's inescapable network of mutuality...

Yo he llegado! (I have arrived!)

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC | Friday, 13 February 2009 | Views [336] | Comments [3]

Hello all!  Just wanted to make a quick posting to say that i'm in place- safe and sound.  I had an uneventful flight and car trip to the home of my hostess in the DR.  My home here is lovely, and my hostess equally lovely.  She has lots of family and friends in front of whom I can embarass myself with my Spanish.  My comprehension of Spanish is waaaay worse than i thought - but i get many compliments on my accent and the crazy sentences i'm able to string together.  It's been hard explaining to people that I'm not working- just here to relax, absorb the culture, and learn Spanish.  But then they say, 'oh so you're in a school?' and i'm like, 'well no.'  I've spent most days so far waking up at 7:00a, some mornings taking a walk, doing yoga, reading (en espanol), and writing (in english).  It's been great... I'm planning to go to an internet cafe soon and load up some new pics.  I'll write again then..  ciao!

Comments

1

I am enjoying reading about your experiences and delighted that all is well. Keep it coming!! :)

Love always,
Mom

  Dtucker Feb 14, 2009 4:00 AM

2

Your mom forwarded your e-mail to me. Glad you can relax for a while, you deserve it. Learn spanish so that you can teach me (lol).
Take care,
Kathy

  Kathy Tucker(Auntie) Feb 14, 2009 6:13 PM

3

Girl...keep the details coming. Don't leave out one thing...especially the senors LOL

  Rika Feb 23, 2009 4:02 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Dominican Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.