Existing Member?

Show Us your Craic! -'Australia'! John and Deirdra

Goodbye NSW

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 22 October 2008 | Views [800] | Comments [1]

So on the way out of Byron we made an effort to explore in teh direction of the lighthouse and various walks up at the point. Anyway this was pretty short lived as Deirdra was hungry or something and it was all i could manage to walk down to the beach from the main carpark and scale the constructed woden look-out. From here I look a few more of the 'Where's Sanchez?' photos as the surfers and dive boats passed by beneath. Meanwhile Deirdra, in her general apathy to the whole situation to got into as many japaneese holiday maker's photos as she could, leading us to conclude it was time to go.

A few thousand roadworks later and we were passing through Brunswick Heads. -Essentially a retirement village with an very wide but quite low estury passing through it's centre.

I pulled up at a beachside carpark, minding not the knock over the Harley copy parked next to us.

As I walked to the beach to my left was a lifeguard tower that resembled a cross between an abandoned airport watchtower and a washing machine. (Sponsored by the local womans institute.) The beach was long and deserted -great if the weather was better but this day it wasn't.

-Keys in. Door Shut.

The Pacific Highway snaked its way ahead of us and as we followed -racking up another few hundred K's we crossed the boarder from New South Wales and into the promised -Queensland.

Comments

1

hi, hope you got my birthday wishes and that you had a great time. you are looking as if you are having a really good time. take care and lot's of love. will keep checking your site.

  liz Oct 25, 2008 4:06 AM

About jca


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.